Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pregnancy-Schmegnancy

I always had this "dream" that when I became pregnant I would LOVE it! That wearing maternity clothes would be cute, fun, and fashionable and that I would feel great and continue life as normal. WRONG! Let me preface in saying that nothing drives me crazier than to hear a pregnant woman sit and complain about all her aches and pains. Before I was pregnant I would think "well, you wanted to be pregnant....what do you think come along with it?" Being on the other side, I can now understand  SOME of the complaining, but to pregnant ladies all over....let's keep it to a minimum PLEASE!! Do NOT post all your pregnancy problems or pains on Facebook. Facebook is not your therapy session. Get a therapist if you feel the need to complain that much. Be thankful that you are pregnant because there are a lot of women who would give anything to be in your shoes and who pay a lot of money to have their miracle baby.

So with that being said.....I do not enjoy being pregnant. I remember some of my friends saying "Oh, I love being pregnant. I missed it when the baby came." I am pretty sure will not be missing being pregnant in the least.  Maybe it's because there are 2 babies growing inside me. This blog has a point.....it's not to complain (well, maybe a little)..so bear with me.

Here are the things I have not enjoyed about being pregnant:
1. PUKING: If you know me at ALL you know that I HATE HATE HATE throwing up. I will do everything in the my power to NOT throw up....God has a funny sense of humor though because for the last 33 weeks I have thrown up morning, sometimes noon and night...now, not everyday but most weeks it happens several times. Luckily the night puking has stopped over the last couple of weeks but I still have my morning puke every couple of days. This from a girl who pretty much has a stomach of steel....I never dreamed I would be the sick pregnant girl.

2. Swollen feet: My shoes DO NOT fit! And I have a lot of shoes! So that whole thing about being fashionable while pregnant went out the window about 16 weeks when my feet started swelling. The other day Eric said "I hope your feet go back down to their normal size or it's going to cost me a lot of money to buy you all new shoes." :) There's goes God with that funny sense of humor again! I usually plan my outfit around what shoes I want to wear.....pregnancy has me down to 2 pair of old slide in Birkenstocks I have had since late high school/early college and my UGGS. Good thing I am in love with my UGGS (I could write a whole blog just on my UGGS and  maybe I will since I am on maternity leave with nothing to do right now).

3. Tingly, numb hands: So for the last month or so I haven't been able to feel my hands, basically my right one. Dr. Collins said lots of pregnant women have carpal tunnel and it goes away after child birth. Needless to say it drives me up a wall. Good excuse not to cook though...."Oh sorry Eric..I can't feel my hands."  Good thing I have an understanding husband who says "It's OK..you just need to rest."

So those would be my 3 main reasons I do not enjoy being pregnant. And no, I haven't posted ANY of that on Facebook!  I really try to not complain about it at all because things could be much worse. I have 2 healthy babies inside of me that are growing and getting stronger everyday. I have heard all these twin horror stories and am so thankful that we have made it this far in our pregnancy, with no bed rest or any other problems.

The other day I heard something that really made me stop and think... "If you woke up tomorrow morning and only had what you had thanked God for the day before what would you have left in your life?"  If that happened to me this week I would probably only have my washing machine. It was making this really weird squeaking noise the other night and I thought it was going to die so I said a "thank you" to the Lord when it didn't. So sadly I would have my washing machine.

So today I am THANKFUL for puking, swollen feet, and numb tingly hands because that means I have 2 precious God-given miracles, who have been much prayed for by family and friends and already loved so much,  growing in my stomach and the longer they stay in there the healthier they will be.

1 comment: