Thursday, March 15, 2012

How DO YOU do it?

That is a question I get A LOT! From most everyone....

I will tell you how I do it....in 3 points...

1. Schedule
2. Schedule
3. Schedule!

You can't have twins and NOT be on a schedule. It's a good thing that I like schedules.

Originally Graham and Evie Claire were eating every 3 hours during the day and 4 hours at night...that averaged out to 7 times a day and it takes me 1 hour to nurse them...so 7 hours a day they eat....they eat 30 minutes apart and Graham eats first. No particular reason that he goes first...the "schedule" just worked out that way. I worked so incredibly hard the first 3+ weeks we were home to get them on a schedule. It drove me crazy to not know what time they were going to eat everyday...so I worked and worked and worked and finally got them on the same schedule every day. They ate at 6AM, 9AM, 12PM, 3PM, 6PM, 10PM and 2 AM. The 10 PM and 2 AM feedings I pumped and bottle fed them because it was so much quicker and I can get to bed and get a little sleep before the next feeding and Eric can help me.

Now I am trying to get them on a different schedule...we are going 3.5 hours during the day and 4 (sometimes 5) at night. That eliminates one feeding per day and it makes a world of difference!!!! I am trying to move up to them eating every 4 hours during the day in hopes they will sleep through the night sooner rather than later.

With all the being said...scheduling is exhausting!! It would definitely be easier to just feed them when they demand it but then I would be feeding all day long!

I am not a fan of getting up at 2 AM but when I see these faces it makes it a little bit better.....


No comments:

Post a Comment