Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Last Mother's Day I sat and wondered if I would ever become a mom. Almost 3 weeks later I found out I was pregnant....and 2 weeks after that I found out it was twins! What a difference a year can make! Appropriately on Mother's Day this year we dedicated Graham and Evie Claire to the Lord at church. It was raining and nasty outside and would have been easy to say "oh, let's just not get the babies out and stay home" which I am sure that is what the devil wanted us to do. But we made it...it was a long morning but totally worth it!! Earlier in the week we attended a meeting at church about baby dedication where we were given the spiritual meaning of our child's name and the corresponding Bible verse. How perfectly appropriate each verse and it's meaning fits Graham and Evie Claire to a T. 

Graham: 
Spiritual Meaning: Generous
Supporting Scripture: 1 Corinthians 13:13... "So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

Evie Claire:
Spiritual Meaning: Full of Life
Supporting Scripture: Psalm 16:11..."You make known to me the path of life;in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

So, here are a few pictures from the dedication.... (excuse my painfully white legs....when looking for a dress I should have picked a longer one and one that did not require ironing....after wrestling the rain and G and EC all morning there was no point in even ironing it).








And here are a few pictures of me with my little munchkins....





Evie Claire was supposed to have on a headband with a little bow on it so you could tell who was the girl since they were wearing the same gowns....however she decided she didn't like it and cried when I put it on her.....


Happy Mother's Day!!

Graham and Evie Claire got me a beautiful Pandora necklace with my birthstone in the center and their birthstone on each side! I think their daddy might have had a little hand in it as well....


1 comment:

  1. Holly,
    I know you know how blessed you truly are! They are sooo precious! So glad to know God gave Graham and Evie Claire to parents who will dedicate them to Him and raise them to know Him.

    ReplyDelete