Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Babymoon...so soon???

Eric and I decided that we needed one last vacation before the babies come! We are travelers and love to travel and see new places. That is one thing we said we wanted to do after we got married, before we had kids. And we have done our fair share....Poconos, Las Vegas, Denver, Bahamas, Cancun....just to name a few. Since Eric has to have all of his vacation taken by the middle of October we decided August would be a good time to go to the beach. Now, last fall we went to Sun Palace, an all inclusive resort in Cancun, Mexico for our 5 year wedding anniversary. It was by far the BEST trip we have ever taken! Totally relaxing, beautiful, romantic, etc, etc. On a side note Eric was watching a commercial the other day for Beaches Resorts and their slogan was "a vacation you will talk about for years to come." THAT WAS OUR SUN PALACE!! We talk about Sun Palace at least once a week and tell everyone else that they HAVE to go there! Here are a few pictures from our "vacation we will talk about for years to come."

So....when it came time to plan a babymoon I kept telling Eric I wanted to go back to Sun Palace. Eric said he felt like it wasn't a good idea to leave the country with me being pregnant with twins....especially to Mexico. So I begrudgingly agreed and we settled on Destin, Florida. Not exactly Sun Palace but it was the beach after all.

I looked for condos for several weeks. Most people know that I am a beach snob....what this means to me is if I am going to the beach then I want my room to be a beachfront room. I want to sit on my balcony in the mornings and drink my coffee and hear the waves. So it takes me a while to find the perfect place! We got there on Saturday and our room did not really look too much like the pictures! It was VERY small and the bedroom was in the kitchen which was in the living room. Not a big deal....we were only going to be in there to sleep, right?

Sunday was our first day out on the beach. The condo furnished beach chairs and an umbrella. So we, I mean Eric, gathers up all our beach gear and head down to the beach. First off we couldn't get the umbrella to stay in the sand. It kept blowing over. I said to Eric "Remember how at Sun Palace we had our umbrella already up for us in the mornings and all we had to do was lay down on our nice comfy lounge chair?" So, we finally got the umbrella situated. Eric gets his chair ready and sits down. The chairs were a little low and not too terribly comfy. As soon as Eric gets settled he says "these are definitely not Sun Palace chairs."

Sunday night about midnight I woke up because Eric had turned all the lights on and was not in the bed. I asked if he was ok and he replied "No, we have water coming through the closet." The closet in the hallway held the washer and dryer. When I got up there was water literally pouring through the ceiling into our room. It looked like a waterfall. Eric called the emergency maintenance number and they sent someone immediately. The people above us were doing laundry and a hose had broken on the washing machine and that was the cause of the water. We were on the 6th floor and we learned later that it leaked all the way to the 1st floor. They told us they were going to move us to another condo for the night....so we pack up all our stuff and go down to the 5th floor. In the midst of all this Eric looks at me and says "this would have never happened at Sun Palace....I should have listened to you and we should have gone there." I just nodded and smiled!

We got back to our room on Monday morning and everything was fixed. Monday night bedtime comes and about 3 AM I sat straight up in the bed because the loudest noise started coming from the refrigerator. It sounded like a jackhammer. Eric got it fixed. There were a few other nights that it sounded like popcorn was popping in the ceiling! All we could do was laugh!

All in all it was a great vacation......and our last one alone for a while. Maybe we will see Sun Palace again in 2015 for our ten year anniversary. Any volunteers to keep the babies????

Here are a few pictures!
At Baytowne Wharf
At the Crab Trap

Our condo in Sandestin
The view from our room


2 comments:

  1. Ok, the pictures from Sun Palace make me want to LIVE there! And remind me to never go to the place you stayed in Destin! :) Glad you guys had fun in spite of it all! Love the baby bump pictures...you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what memories dear! Glad you have memories though! :0)

    ReplyDelete